The sales floor is a demanding place. Retail workers have to assist customers, give thorough information about products, and comply with both internal and federal safety regulations throughout their workday. You can’t expect your employees to remember every detail about your products and procedures, but you can give them crucial job assistance on the sales floor using the Vizual Trainer app.
We’ve been using technology to assist office workers for decades, but retail workers are just recently experiencing the benefits of tailored software solutions. In the past few years, mobile learning management systems (LMS) for retail have hit the market and have significantly changed how employees do their jobs. Mobile LMS systems deploy training courses and safety information straight to employees’ mobile devices, allowing them to access critical information from the job floor.
The benefits of using a retail LMS include:
- Flexibility: Before employees could use their personal devices to access training information, they had to leave the sales floor to complete a training course either in a classroom or from a desktop computer. With retail LMS apps like Vizual Trainer, workers don’t have to leave the job floor to complete training. They can pull out their phone during slow periods and tackle a course a few minutes at a time.
- Increased workplace safety: When employees have instant access to safety information, they’re more likely to double check instructions before completing a potentially dangerous task.
- Accountability: LMS apps allow administrators to access employee information and track progress. Additionally, Vizual Trainer lets administrators add custom quiz questions on training videos, and the app tracks and records answers. You can see how many lessons each employee has completed and determine if they need extra training on a specific topic.
- Less downtime: Every time an employee leaves the sales floor to complete training, you need another employee to take their place. With Vizual Trainer, no downtime is necessary—employees complete training during natural breaks in their day.
At FLX Systems, we created Vizual Trainer as an innovative training solution for retail workers and other deskless employees. Our mobile app helps employees find remedies for common issues without having to walk away from a customer or leave the sales floor.
Need a better way to train your retail employees? FLX Systems has you covered.
Vizual Trainer isn’t just an app for deploying training programs; it’s also a powerful job aid tool. Employees download the app on their phone, laptop, or tablet and use an individual login to access information. The two main components of Vizual Trainer are its product knowledge base and interactive training solutions.
A product knowledge base is a compilation of information on different items or products. In retail, it’s a handy tool for sales associates because it lets them access product reviews, tutorials, specifications, pricing information, and other essential information. When a retail worker discusses a product with a customer, they can use Vizual Trainer to find answers to product questions without interrupting the conversation.
Vizual Trainer lets business owners and administrators create a knowledge base tool by choosing the products and information they wish to display. Employees use their mobile devices to either type a product name into the search bar or scan a barcode using their camera, which prompts Vizual Trainer to display the information you choose to include. Our effective knowledge base is easily accessible and addresses common customer questions, allowing retail employees to instantly find the answers they need.
Training programs are most effective when employees play an active role, and we designed Vizual Trainer with employee engagement in mind. Our software allows you to take generic training videos and transform them into an interactive experience using custom overlays. Depending on the employee or role you’re creating a training program for, you can add:
- Quiz questions: Test employees’ knowledge and see if they’re retaining information from your training videos by incorporating quiz questions of your choosing.
- External video and website links: If an external video or site has additional information that could be useful for employees, you can add a link straight to the video screen.
- Supplemental PDF documents: You can add links to procedural or informational documents that supplement workers’ learning experiences.
Additional gamification elements: If you can think of another way to turn training into a fun, game-like experience, we can help you create new overlays that fit your vision.
With interactive online training options, you can prepare your retail workers for every challenge they may face on the sales floor.
Do you want to give employees crucial job skills, improve their confidence, and elevate their customer service skills? Give them access to Vizual Trainer software during each workday. Instead of leaving the floor to get help or look up product information, they can use their mobile devices to access all of the training and product information they need.
FLX Systems empowers deskless workers through technology. We develop software solutions for the underrepresented 80% of global workers who do their jobs on the sales floor or in the service field.