Every employee needs job-specific training to learn about the expectations, responsibilities, and safety concerns unique to their role. However, most workers don’t have consistent access to desktop computers throughout the workday. FLX Systems designed Vizual Trainer as a mobile training solution for the 2.7 billion deskless workers around the globe.
Frontline workers, otherwise known as deskless workers, are employees that move between locations instead of sitting at a desk all day. Field technicians, nurses, construction workers, retail employees, miners, police officers, truck drivers, and EMTs are all examples of deskless workers. Because deskless employees spend their workdays moving, they often don’t have access to traditional training materials.
Job-specific training is vital for the frontline workforce. Some of the most high-risk industries in the world, such as drilling and mining, rely heavily on deskless workers. Without in-depth safety and compliance training, workers in dangerous roles risk serious injury and hefty government fines. However, unlike office workers, deskless workers can’t just sit in front of a desktop computer and spend 30 minutes on a training course.
In the past, deskless workers had to take time out of their hectic schedules to return to the office and complete training courses. As training technology for office workers evolved, deskless workers were still left with inflexible, inconvenient options. Our team at FLX Systems noticed a gap between training solutions for office workers and deskless workers, and we created Vizual Trainer to address training challenges for frontline workers.
The two main training barriers that deskless workers come across are time and accessibility. Many deskless workers only have a few minutes between customers or service calls to put towards training, and very few have access to a desktop computer while in the job field. With the Vizual Trainer app, deskless workers can use their cell phones, tablets, or laptops during short breaks to tackle a portion of their training.
Using Vizual Trainer, you can:
- Upload existing training videos: Vizual Trainer allows you to take your existing training material and make it interactive. First, you log in to the backend of the software system and upload as many training videos as you’ll need.
- Add customized overlays to videos: If your current training videos are outdated and generic, customized video overlays give them the update they need. You can easily add customized text, quiz questions, external video links, and PDF document links at any point during a training video. Vizual Trainer keeps track of employee quiz answers, allowing you to see which individuals need additional training.
- Personalize content for different employees or roles: If you have a particular employee or group of employees that need specialized information, Vizual Trainer lets you create different sets of customized overlays for the same video.
- Schedule and deploy training programs: Once you complete your customized training videos, you can specify when employees need to start and end their training. Then, after you deploy the program, your employees will receive push notifications on their mobile devices, letting them know that their course is ready.
- Monitor progress: As your employees complete training from the sales field or job floor, you can keep track of their progress. Vizual Trainer lets you know when your employees answer quiz questions and complete courses. If you notice that an employee needs extra time or additional resources, you can adjust their training schedule and course content.
Want to see Vizual Trainer software in action? Schedule a software demo with FLX Systems today.
Deskless workers need just as much job support as office workers, but they often don’t get it. Many frontline employees feel disconnected from their company because they don’t interact with coworkers in a central office. Integrating mobile training technology into your business is a simple way to help on-the-go workers feel more connected.
With Vizual Trainer, you can easily increase employee engagement and give your deskless workers the tools they need to succeed in their role. Regardless of your industry, company size, or employee demographics, you can use Vizual Trainer to create customized mobile learning courses that fit your needs.
At FLX Systems, we strive to empower deskless workers through technology. Our suite of software solutions serves various functions for frontline employees in different industries. Contact us today to learn more about cutting-edge software or to schedule a Vizual Trainer demo.
FLX Systems empowers deskless workers through technology. We develop software solutions for the underrepresented 80% of global workers who do their jobs on the sales floor or in the service field.